Ark Boulton Academy
Director of Citizenship and Personal Development
Location: Sparkbrook, Birmingham
Salary: £44,960 - £49,617 (Leadership scale 1 - 5)
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Tuesday 26th September 2023 at 9am
About the role:
We are looking for an excellent Leader to lead the professional community of Personal, Social, Health and Economics (PHSE) and GCSE Citizenship teachers.
In this role, you will model outstanding support and lead collaborative planning and development, including the sharing of resources and best practice within the faculty. You will enable the highest level of student learning by developing and managing an outstanding team, promoting outstanding teaching and learning in a nurturing and rigorous environment.
In the interests of effective working, the major tasks may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changing needs and circumstances.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be qualified to teach and work in the UK
- Have experience of improving the quality of teaching and learning
- Have experience leading a team and/or working to support the significant success of others
- Have experience interpreting complex student knowledge based data to drive lesson planning and student progress
- Have excellent interpersonal, planning and organisation skills
View the full job description and person specification here.
About our school:
Ark Boulton Academy is a seven-form entry secondary school in the heart of Sparkhill. Our approach is summed up in the African proverb - “It takes a whole community to bring up a child”. We work together to ensure that each of our children can overcome barriers to learning, catch up where needed and achieve at the highest levels by working harder, behaving better and making faster progress than children in other schools and academies. We support our students to develop a lifelong love of learning; a sense of personal and civic pride and the confidence to not just navigate the modern world, but to shape it.
At Ark Boulton, our staff are a valuable and integral part of our community and are given the room to grow and develop in an encouraging, challenging and rewarding environment. They are our role-models and ambassadors on a professional and public level. They reflect the virtues we promote which include courage, self-discipline, commitment, and honesty. Therefore, staff wellbeing is at the heart of what we do at the academy and we will help you to be the very best that you can be, throughout your entire career.
Find out more about us by visiting www.arkboulton.org.
- Staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We provide breakfast for staff each morning, soup for lunch and lunch for those on duty. We have parking available, a gym on site and a well-equipped staff room including a pool table.
- Our systems and processes for communication, marking and feedback and assessment are streamlined and the approaches we take are research led and based on the needs of our local context. For instance, at present we do not use traditional book marking across the school.
- On Fridays, children finish at 2pm, giving time and space for professional development amongst staff.
- Staff voice is important to us; we like to listen to our staff. We are always seeking feedback and input from our staff.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer.
How to apply:
Please visit www.arkboulton.org/vacancies and submit your application. Please note we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Early application is strongly advised.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for any questions, please contact Amal Hersi on email@example.com.
For any technical issues, please contact our system support team by clicking the chat function on the bottom right of the advert screen.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.