Ark Boulton Academy
Mathematics Curriculum Lead (KS3)
Salary: Ark Main Pay Scale (£28,704-£39,779) or Upper Pay scale (£42,255- £45,437) - Outside London, plus TLR 2b (£5,023) depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 233rd October 2023 at 9am
About the role:
Join our seven-form entry secondary school in Sparkhill, Birmingham, which has grown from strength to strength over time.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Teacher who will provide challenging leadership of Maths at KS3. You will demonstrate high quality teaching that ensures all students achieve results in line with, or better than, key stage and other value-added predictions. All students must make at least 8 sub levels of improvement over KS3.
- Take responsibility for raising attainment at Key Stage 3, ensuring that all students achieve results at the end of KS3 in line with, or better than, value-added predictions.
- Design an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children to appreciate the subject and its application.
- Provide a nurturing classroom and school environment that helps students to develop as learners
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner
- Be an effective team worker and leader
- Have experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- Strong communication, planning and organisation skills
View the full job description and person specification here.
About our school:
By joining Ark Boulton Academy means, you become part of a network of education experts who are all united by the same purpose - a commitment to making a difference where it matters most.
Each day is unique for our team, as they collectively support the activities within and outside the school. Our consortium of creative and resourceful team members ensure we go above and beyond in order to constantly improve our service to the community we serve. Our strapline ‘growing together, reaching higher 'applies as much to our staff as our students. We recognise that the health and wellbeing of our staff will affect that of our students. For this reason, we have invested in developing our wellbeing room and other initiatives to care for our whole school community.
Our staff are a valuable and integral part of our community and are given the room to grow and develop in an encouraging, challenging and rewarding environment. They are role-models and ambassadors for Boulton on a professional and public level. They reflect the virtues we promote which include courage, self-discipline, commitment, and honesty.
By becoming a member of our school family, you will embrace multiple opportunities for personal and professional development, not just within the school, but from the internationally renowned Ark family of schools we are a part of. Through Ark, our staff can share best practice and receive training from some of the most talented individuals in the country.
Find out more about us by visiting www.arkboulton.org.
- Staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We provide breakfast for staff each morning, soup for lunch and lunch for those on duty. We have parking available, a gym on site and a well-equipped staff room including a pool table.
- Our systems and processes for communication, marking and feedback and assessment are streamlined and the approaches we take are research led and based on the needs of our local context. For instance, at present we do not use traditional book marking across the school.
- On Fridays, children finish at 2pm, giving time and space for professional development amongst staff.
- Staff voice is important to us; we like to listen to our staff. We are always seeking feedback and input from our staff.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer.
How to apply:
Please visit www.arkboulton.org/vacancies and submit your application. Please note we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Early application is strongly advised.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for any questions, please contact Amal Hersi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any technical issues, please contact our system support team by clicking the chat function on the bottom right of the advert screen.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.